26 Jul Mopur: a vegan meat substitute, all made in Italy
Nowadays the abundance of meat substitutes makes it hard to know which to pick. So, what to choose? We are glad to share with you our answer to the growing demand for high quality meat alternatives. Mopur® is a new food concept that offers a balanced dietary-food response to the rising request for health and well-being of consumers. An excellent nutrition source for those who choose to follow a vegetarian lifestyle or simply want to try a real meat alternative. Check our complete vegan range on our page dedicated to this topic.
Vegan eat or meat
Can humans survive without meat? A growing range of food ingredients is used in the manufacture of meat alternative products reflecting increasing technological and innovative developments and consumer demand for high quality meat alternative products.
You don’t have to be a vegan eater to enjoy protein-rich foods that are used to replace meats in daily diets. Many non-meat foods contain protein naturally, including nuts and certain grains. Today we find we have placed too much emphasis on eating meats, especially processed meats, fried meats, and meats from farm animals that have been raised on high-fat, hormone-enriched diets.
Meat is rich in many essential nutrients that our body needs, such as protein, iron, zinc and B vitamins, which is why proper planning is critical on a vegan or vegetarian diet. Fortunately, many meat alternatives can help fill in any nutritional gaps that may occur after taking meat out of the diet.
By incorporating a few high-protein substitutes for meat into our diet, we can easily ensure to suit the nutritional needs on a vegan or vegetarian diet. Not only that, but these meat substitutes can also supply additional nutrients that may not be found in meat, such as probiotics, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Vegan meat substitutes
There are many reasons for wanting to incorporate plant-based alternatives into our diet, even if we’re not following a vegan or vegetarian diet. Eating less meat is not only better for our health but also for the environment. However, the abundance of meat substitutes makes it hard to know which to pick. So, what to choose? What are the best vegan meat substitutes? Let’s make things clear.
- Tofu has been a standby in vegetarian diets for decades and a staple in Asian cuisines for centuries. While lacking flavor on its own, it takes on flavors of the other ingredients in a dish. It’s made similarly to the way cheese is made from cow’s milk— soy milk is coagulated, whereupon the curds that form are pressed into blocks.
- Tempeh is a traditional soy product made from fermented soy. The soybeans are cultured and formed into cakes. Unlike tofu, which is made from soy milk, tempeh is made using the whole soybean, so it has a different nutritional profile.
- Much like tempeh, Natto is another nutritious meat substitute made from soy that has been fermented, amping up its probiotic content and nutritional benefits.
- Texturized Vegetable Protein (TVP) is a highly processed vegan meat substitute made by taking soy flour – a byproduct of soy oil production – and removing the fat using solvents. The end result is a high-protein, low-fat product. The soy flour is extruded into various shapes such as nuggets and chunks.
- Seitan, or wheat gluten, is derived from gluten, the protein in wheat. It’s made by adding water to wheat flour and removing the starch. Seitan is dense and chewy, with little flavor on its own. It’s often flavored with soy sauce or other marinades.
- Mushrooms make a great substitute for meat if you’re looking for an unprocessed, whole-food option. They naturally have a meaty flavor, rich in umami — a type of savory taste.
- Nuts and seeds are high in healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals, so it should come as no surprise that upping your intake can help ward off chronic disease.
- Though Jackfruit has been used in Southeast Asian cuisines for centuries, it has only recently become popular as a meat substitute. It’s a large, tropical fruit with flesh that has a subtle, fruity flavor said to be similar to pineapple. Jackfruit has a chewy texture and is often used as a substitute for pulled pork in BBQ recipes.
- Beans and legumes are affordable sources of plant-based protein that serve as hearty and filling meat substitutes. There are many types of beans: chickpeas, black beans, lentils and more. Each bean has a slightly different flavor, so they work well in a variety of cuisines.
Mopur®: a breakthrough event in the vegan meat industry scenario
What if I told you, it is from legumes that you get an innovative product ideal to fill your vegan sandwiches and much more? To the eye it seems a typical Italian cold cut – Bresaola – it is a completely plant based and healthy product instead.
We are glad to share with you our answer to the growing demand for high quality meat alternatives. Mopur® is a new food concept that offers a balanced dietary-food response to the rising request for health and well-being of consumers.
An excellent nutrition source for those who choose to follow a vegetarian lifestyle or simply want to try a real meat alternative: the realization of an innovative idea focused on producing 100% plant based vegan food. It is passion, innovation and a breakthrough event in the food and nutrition landscape. The entire line is produced in Italy with 100% Italian ingredients: hydrogenated fats, preservatives and OGM free.
The question asked time and again is: what are vegan meat substitutes made of?
Mopur® is a production process that uses different flour combinations (wheat and chickpeas or wheat and lupins). The sourdough is the protagonist of the production process as it supplies outstanding characteristics: distinctive flavour and aroma, a unique texture. Made from different flours and water acidified from a complex of yeasts and lactic bacteria, the mixture activates a natural fermentation. This process, in the rest phase of the dough, generates a series of biological processes, that triggers the fermentation: the fundamental and most characterising phase of the entire production process.
Different substances are developed during fermentation that determine the aroma, shelf life and, more importantly, give the product a good taste. These particular phases of the production process confer to all the Good&Green products the characteristic nutritional and aromatic properties. The result of the biological development of the dough requires a longer fermentation period, but it generates products with outstanding organoleptic characteristics.
In particular, we obtain:
- a distinctive flavour and aroma
- a unique texture
- excellent slicing
- longer shelf life
These feature offer incredibly nutritional benefits and make the Good&Green plant-based deli slices a vegan, nutritional, light meat alternative ideal for everyone!
All products are characterized by a high protein content of approximately 30% and less than 9% of fat. They are produced with only organic ingredients, according to disciplinaries that ensure quality and origin.
The commitment towards consumers begins with the careful selection of safe and controlled ingredients and continues with rigorous testing in all the production phases. A healthy, tasty and natural product simply to LOVE!
Unique in its kind, this product is available for sale already sliced in take away trays – retail size 90g with 120 days shelf life, or in convenient 2kg half cylinders for the HO.RE.CA sector, where the shelf life reaches even 365 days.
Mopur® deli slices are available in many different flavors for all the tastes!
A diversified range, able to meet the increasing needs of consumers seeking healthy food, without compromising on taste and quality:
- SMOKE FLAVORED: The smoky flavor refines the aroma, conferring a distinctive taste and a velvety texture. The most appetizing!
- BLACK PEPPER: The subtle taste is contrasted by the strong aroma and mild pungency of the pepper. The fieriest!
- TRUFFLE: Dedicated to discerning customers, it offers an intense and characteristic taste. The most coveted!
- LUPINS BEANS: Distinguished by golden reflections, it’s a delight for true connoisseurs. The most savory!
- SPICY: The seasoning obtained using the best spices enfolds the palate with a pleasant and persistent mouthfeel. The tastiest!
- TUMERIC & GINGER: Let yourself be conquered by the earthy aroma, pungent and slightly bitter flavor. The most aromatic!
- CLASSIC: Pleasing to the senses, remarkably well-balanced and smooth. Its subtle flavor, is combined with an intense color and a distinctive firmness. The most refined!
- VEGGIE CARPACCIO: The ultimate meat-free delicacy that reminds you of the unmistakable taste of Italian carpaccio. True Italian taste!
- VEGGIE SPECK: Excellent meat alternative able to recall the typical flavour of smoked ham. The most intense!
Mopur® nutritional information
Get inspired with our ultimate vegan recipes
These meat alternatives are easy to prepare, incredibly versatile and even more affordable than some types of meat, making them an excellent addition to any diet. Looking for some ideas for your next meatless meal? Here below an easy vegan recipe using Mopur® to get you inspired:
Recipe vegan snack: deliscious “Friselle”
Timing: 15 minutes
Product used: Good&Green Black Pepper
- Veggie slices
- Wholegrain or kamut friselle
- Mozzarisella Spreadable Classic
- Hemp seed oil
Moisten the friselle in warm water and dry them. Season with a few drops of hemp seed oil. Peel the avocado, cut it into thin slices and season with a few drops of lemon juice to avoid darkening. Spread the fresh vegan cheese over the friselle, add a few slices of avocado and a couple of veggie slices. Season with pepper.
Also delicious on pizza or focaccia, in the oven it becomes crunchy and goes well with Mozzarisella fresh vegan cheese – another high-quality line introduced with our previous publications.
As you will have gathered, Mopur® is a winning combination of taste and naturalness! Order it now to provide your customers with this innovative and 100% healthy food concept!